Natasha Chantal Mukhi

A celebration of fashion, beauty, interiors and food

What I Got For Christmas

I know, I know! It's a bit late and I should have done this earlier. But I thought I would share what I got for Christmas. I wasn't going to write this blog post, but I have enjoyed reading peoples' 'what I got for Christmas' posts and I decided that I might as well write one too!

This year was different for me because it was my very first Christmas away from my parents and my sister (who I missed desperately during this holiday season). I'm not going to lie - it was quite hard. My parents make such a big deal out of presents - I guess it's because we're a pretty small family. And we do all the traditional stuff as well like having a big Christmas lunch on the day and having family and close friends round. This year it was very different because I spent this Christmas with my husband's family (first Christmas as a married couple - Woo!) and they do things quite differently although it was traditional at the same time. 

I didn't really have anything particular in mind to ask for this year. It was just small bits and pieces. We have a lot to look forward to in the next few months as we are going to be traveling a bit so I would rather splurge while we're away! On top of that, we may be getting a puppy too so keep your eyes peeled!

As for presents, here we go:

So you might have seen how excited I was about this present when I got it. My selfie game is definitely going to be on point.
Lumee Phone Cover in Rose Gold - iPhone 6
The one thing I don't like about it is how chunky it does make your phone. But I think it's still worth it. If anything, it's also a more accessible flash light and great for make up touches on the go if you don't have a mirror (which I never do).

My sister visited me at the beginning of December and brought my Christmas present along with her which was a cute outfit from Maje. I had never really heard of this brand before, but they basically do ready-to-wear clothes for women from France. My sister got it right with this skirt and top. She did such a good job. I haven't even had a chance to wear it yet and I'm itching to do so! 
Maje Embroidered Knit Miniskirt 
I don't think that I would ever wear the skirt and the top together because it just looks too matchy matchy then. But they're both beautiful pieces! I'm just waiting for the weather to get better before I can wear them now. Bring on spring!

This book is a great gift. I received this from my sister-in-law. It's a known thing that my husband and I both love food and trying new things. So this truly was the perfect present. There's over 3,000 restaurants mentioned in this book so we should never be at a loss for where we should try next. 
Get the book here
My husband also got me these little treats for my feet for our upcoming honeymoon to Thailand next month. These are such cute summer shoes. There's so many designs from Soludos but I really loved these because as you probably know, I love coconuts - but also because the designs are different on each foot! 
Soludos Lime and Coconut Espadrille Flat Shoes
My mother-in-law also got me a Jo Malone body lotion. I have never owned anything by Jo Malone before but this smells divine. I use it every night after a shower and before I get into bed. I feel like I'm going to end up rationing it because I just love it so much. I might just go and check out the perfumes as well. The scent I got was nectarine blossom and honey, and if I'm not mistaken, I think it's one of the newer scents as well. It doesn't leave your skin feeling oily either which I hate with most lotions. 
Nectarine Blossom and Honey Body and Hand Lotion
I am very lucky and this year's Christmas will definitely be unforgettable. The whole family had a really good time and it was a good chance to just relax and unwind. 

For more photos, don't forget to follow me on Instagram (natashamukhi)

No comments

Post a Comment

© Natasha Chantal Mukhi

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig