Natasha Chantal Mukhi

A celebration of fashion, beauty, interiors and food

Last Weekend's Hen Do

My motivation for writing blog posts has really decreased since I started which is not a good sign. But if I'm being perfectly honest, it's because I don't know what to write about most of the time. Also, my inability to get good photos of outfits makes me NOT want to write anything fashion related. 

So here's another post that is not fashion or beauty related. 

This past weekend, I went on a bachelorette or as the Brits would call it - a hen do. My friend from university, Sasha is currently visiting London and it was decided not too long ago that we should celebrate the fact that she's getting married! With that in mind, the eight of us started off Friday night at Little Nan's 90s Bar in Shoreditch. Little Nan's is actually a pop up, so it's not there a lot of the time. The place was really cutely decorated - little chairs and coffee tables scattered across the room and cocktails being served out of teapots and drunk out of teacups. The  music was as you'd expect, very 90s. Think Destiny's Child, TLC, Backstreet Boys and N'Sync. If I'm being completely honest, it was a little kitsch. 

We stayed at Little Nan's for the whole of Friday evening and then reunited again at lunchtime on Saturday for a high tea at Brown's in Canary Wharf, with 3 ladies down. I think they were too hungover! The high tea itself  was average. I'm a big foodie, and the selection of food on offer wasn't amazing. It was your typical scones and clotted cream, a few cakes and of course finger sandwiches. Despite being a foodie, I'm also incredibly picky with what I do eat. So I didn't have any sandwiches or scones, but settled on the cakes instead which were in my opinion, sub par. 


The surprise activity we had planned for Sash was a little bit more along the risque lines. One of her nominated bridesmaids, Denise had organised for us to all go burlesque dancing. I'm one of those people that gets pretty excited about trying out a new fun activity. The 8 of us, all slightly tipsy stumbled into the studio about half an hour late, but raring to go. The class was mediocre - the teacher in my opinion was shit. I'm not even going to try and sugar coat it. She had no idea how to teach a class, kept stopping because she didn't have a routine planned and the class just didn't flow seamlessly. 


It was a little bit of a downer to end the hen do, but I think that the most important part was that we were all together to celebrate the fact that another one of us was on the road to 'adulthood', AKA getting married. 

Unfortunately, I have hardly any full length outfits, but there is one thing I'd like to rave about. How amazing is the red lipstick I wore on the Saturday? I swear I only applied it before I headed out and I didn't need any touch ups at all. I cannot seem to find it anywhere in the UK, but it's Kat Von D's liquid lipstick in 'Outlaw'. You can find it here. I also have another colour which is my everyday go to - Double Dare. I can easily say, without a shadow of a doubt - best liquid lipstick I have ever used! A little drying, but isn't that usually expected with liquid lipsticks anyway?

For more pictures, check out my Instagram (@natashamukhi) to see what else we got up to. 


No comments

Post a Comment

© Natasha Chantal Mukhi

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig